Book Review

Book Review

Introduce the book

My book is A LONG WALK TO WATER. Salva is the main character of the book. The book is about the war of 1985 Sudan. There is a second story in the book with a person named Nya who travels 8 hours a day for water in 2008. P.s. this book is based on a true story.

Tell about the book, but don’t give away the ending  

At the start Salva was at school but then the war started.  Salva had to escape and walked to Ethiopia.

On the way he was faced with life threating challenges like starvation and warfare and he has to keep going to different Refugee camps along the way. Salva hated his trip to the second refugee camp because he was alone and his friend and uncle died. Will Salva make it out alive………?

Nya walks 8 hours a day for water without shoes which make her feet hurt very badly until a jeep shows up to the village.  Will she ever walk less for water?

Tell about your favorite part of the book or make a connection  

My favorite part of the book is when Salva had to cross the river facing gun shots and alligators. I enjoyed this scene because it was scary. I hope I never get in a situation where this happens. , in the book Salva hated his trip to the second refugee camp because he was alone because his friend and uncle died.

Give a recommendation or if you like the book if you this you will like the book

The people that would like this book like adventure and nonfiction with a good ending